Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Who would live here?

I saw on a friends blog a picture of a gingerbread house her kids did. It looked so sweet and just like a couple of sweet well mannered children did it with a little help from a supervising grown up. The candy was placed symmetrically on it and was pleasing to the eye and it looked like some little fairy tail creature or gingerbread person could actually possibly live there (because you could see the front door) You can picture it can't you. So what is to be said about the children who did this.....

The Front

The Back

The people who did it (Uncle Drew left before I took the pic I don't think he cared to be associated with this crowd the farther it got along)

Thanks Grandma for the wonderful childhood memories my children will have.

6 comments:

Ann said...

It's not supposed to be perfect...it's just supposed to be fun for the kids! What a great grandma they have! And I think it's a GREAT looking gingerbread house!

Casey said...

You wouldn't be referring to our gingerbread house would you? Our gingerbread house looks like I did most of the work while snapping at the kids to do this, not do that, and don't touch those. Your gingerbread house looks like the kids actually did it (which they're supposed to) and had a great time in the process. I love it!

Mamacita said...

Looks like lots of fun. I'm sure any kid would LOVE to live in your yummy house. My kids made one too with their Grandma. What a fun tradition.

The Tyler's said...

I would love there!!! Who wouldn't want a house covered in candy? I love that you let them do it all. I interfere too much and I'm sure my kids get sick of it.
I'm jealous of your grand piano. But really, who has room for that? How bout we both start practicing and we can do fun duets when we get back..huh??
Miss your cute family!!

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh, I love it. Exactly what I would expect from the Olpin fam. You guys are so great at letting the kids actually do the work!

Shauna said...

It looks A LOT better than the one we did! "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..."