Here's a video (or two) of Ruby's piano recital. She always gets so nervous but at least she gets up and does it. She is really starting to enjoy it and sounding wonderful so that means she needs to actually start practicing on a real piano. We only have a keyboard and not a real great one (I got it off CraigsList for $30) She plays at my moms once in awhile on what a lot of you don't know is my piano.
A little story: My dad bought a baby grand piano for my mom for I believe Valentines Day and it was a total surprise! He saved up without anyone knowing but the funny thing was that nobody in my family could play the piano. My mom just always wanted one so we could learn. I was 15 almost 16 when I started taking piano lessons. When I was 16 and 17 piano lessons and practicing did not sit very high on my list of "important things" and I could kick myself for that. So I really don't play unless I have practiced for awhile and basically just learn it by heart because I cannot read music. My parents have been telling me from about age 18 that the piano is mine and I am to take it when I want it (sooner the better) But if anyone has a suggestion of where I could put a baby grand piano in my 12oo sq. foot house with 5 people, a dog, a hamster living in it and half an Art Center in the garage then please pass those suggestions on...... wait, we could move?
I love how she gets into the music with her whole body :)
She also got a Principal Award for "Fantastic AR (Accelerated Reader) progress and great classroom effort everyday!" She is really enjoying school this year and loves her teacher who does a lot of art in the classroom.
3 comments:
Congratulations Ruby!!! Great job. You are always welcome to practice at my house. We are just up the road now. :)
Fantastic Ruby!! So proud of you. She can also practice at our house anytime. May be it will inspire my kids :)
You could buy the house next door to me and there is a perfect spot in the formal living for a baby grand piano!
Post a Comment