We enjoyed the Olympics! This picture is Ruby and Joe dressed up (as close as they could find clothes in their drawers) as Olympians. Ruby is gymnastics with her leotard and hair done back in a ponytail with about 12 or so hair clips around her head. She also has her medals she made on her arm. Joe is a cross between many sports with his warm up pants and baseball shirt. I am not sure what the beanie is all about unless he is getting ready for the winter Olympics too. The stuff animals in their hands are also in question. Because we don't have cable or anything fancy like that I would stay up and record it for them (editing out the commercials) and then they would watch it the next day. I was surprised how much they got into it. They learned the names of some of the athletes and the rules of the different sports. Ruby always cheered for the USA and Joe always cheered for anyone but the USA. He was particularly fond of China, Romania and Brazil. Our house was turned into an Olympic training center mainly for gymnastics. Ruby would run head first into the couch and then flip over it backwards. Both of them jumped, flipped, kicked, spin, dived, ran around and through the house. Its been fun but its a good thing its only for two weeks.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Olympians
Posted by
Cecily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your kids are awesome! It's great that they got so "into" the olympics. I love the beanie Joe's wearing. He definitely looks like he's ready for just about any olympic event (and a few non-olympic events too). Ha ha.
Hey --- she got the bazillion hair clips right! I couldn't even figure out how they could get so many in one little head!
Your kids have such great imaginations! I wonder where they get it? Perfect 10's for sure!
What great little imaginations. I am glad you had so much fun with the olympics.
That's so cute! They sure were creative coming up with their own outfits (hmmm...what country would those outfits represent??), & making their own medals. I enjoyed the Olympics but obviously I didn't get into it as much as they did! LOL!
That's so cute. I remember too being so inspired at that age. And its so fun that the whole family can watch the Olympics together.
What creative kids you have!
Post a Comment