Monday, July 28, 2008

"Pretending"

My children do a lot of pretending. Actually I think they pretty much are pretending about 98% of the time. To say they have overactive imaginations is an understatement. Clara is no exception. Here are a few pics and clips of her "pretending"....

She usually likes to stand by the side and pretend to unload the dishwasher, but this time she was trying a different location. Actually she really does unload the dishwasher she just doesn't put it away.

Here she is pretending to stand up all by herself and take a picture with my camera. She also likes to pretend to take a few steps. This kind of pretending is unacceptable, but she continues to do it.


She likes to push this little car around the house and put dolls and stuffed animals in the front basket. In this clip she is pushing it with a pretzel stick in her mouth. The pretzel falls out and she pretends to say "Ah-Oh". (sorry for the noise in the back ground, Ruby and a little boy I was babysitting are watching Dumbo)

Some of you may say that she's not pretending and is actually doing these things, but I think that's just plain silly :)

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I HATE it when they start pretending to walk, and when they pretend to talk, and when they pretend to sit up by themselves and crawl, and everything else they're not supposed to do yet. I would like for them to stay little for EVER! Clara is so cute and such a funny little girl. We had lots of fun with you guys the other day - we need to do that more often. Before she starts pretending to grow up any more. :0)

Mamacita said...

I'm sure she'll stop pretending anytime now. Unfortunately, then she'll be "pretending" to run away from you while giggling! :)

Chelsea said...

You are so funny! I love this post!
So does this mean I can just say that I was "pretending" to eat that late bowl of ice cream? :)
And I am a little sad Ruby isn't a Hannah fan. Thankfully she still has the support from the other BILLIONS of moms and girls! (And one dad! shhh!)

Amy F. said...

I can't believe how grown up she is! Wow, she is some pretender, that's for sure ;)

Cheryl said...

Oh man! I can't believe she's doing all that so soon. Wasn't is just a few months ago that she was born??? LOL! I like the first one of her in the dishwasher & how (at least in the video) the dishwasher looks like it's tilting.