On June 20th Ruby turned SEVEN years old! How did that happen? It seems like she was just like Clara, crawling around and starting to get into stuff. Ruby loves her birthday! She was extra excited to celebrate it with her Olpin cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents in Arkansas. They made this cake for her. It was Grandpa O's 70th birthday in the beginning of June so we celebrated it all together then they used the "7" for Ruby's cake. She liked it so much she brought it home with her. She opened some great presents from family and then we left to fly back home. We asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday when we got home and she said she just wanted to go to grandma and grandpa's to swim. So the next day.....
Good answer! Isn't that pretty and it was delicious too, each layer was a different flavor.
Opening her present form grandma and grandpa. It is Elizabeth from American Girl! She was way excited and loves her and takes good care of her and also brings her to church and to stores. However she is not allowed at the Art Center(my rule).
Happy Birthday Ruby! You are such a sweet girl and a wonderful big sister. We love you!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Ruby! Glad you celebrated all week. (that's how we do it at our house too!) The cakes looked delicious and your doll is beautiful!
That is so cute. i LOVE the sky cake, I'll have to try to copy that one. FUN!! Happy birthday Ruby!!
That sky cake is SO COOL!!!
And of course -- another Happy B-day to Ruby, even if she won't let us sing to ehr in Primary.
Happy Birthday Ruby!! That cake is so cute! What a cute idea!
I loved seeing your kids in primary. Joe is so fun! And Clara is so pretty, she looks like a doll!
Happy Birthday to Ruby! I love birthday's that just get celebrated over and over! The sky cake is so cool...but it does look a little labor intensive!
Happy Belated Birthday, Ruby! I'm glad you got to celebrate twice. We'll celebrate again next week. :0)
I loved reading about Ruby's birthday. That sky cake was so cute. I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed your lesson on Sunday. I am a private person too so I know how much courage it must have taken for you to share your story with us. Thank you.
I'll say the same thing as everyone else...Happy Birthday Ruby! Sorry I missed the blog earlier. Busy painting & camping...As usual, your Mom did it up great for her birthday! I sure wouldn't want to take all that time making that multi-colored cake, but of course, your Mom would. I guess I'll always envy her energy.
Post a Comment