Every two years Matt's family gets together for a reunion. This includes his parents two brothers and a sister and all their kids. His sister Ann and her hubby Craig hosted this year and it was fun, fun, fun! Here's a little run down of the weeks activities. I don't have pictures for a few things because I wasn't there or our camera wasn't there. However, everyone loaded their pictures off their cameras onto Ann's computer and she will burn us all a CD with all the pics. Is that not awesome! Here we go....
Sunday/Father's Day: Ruby and Joe at the airport waiting for our plane that was over an hour late. Joe just could not wait to "blast off".
We flew into the Tulsa, OK airport, rented a car and drove to Springfield, MO. Along the way we stoped in Carthage, MO where the Precious Moments Chapel is located. Matt and me had been there before but we thought Ruby would enjoy it. She did! And we let her pick out a figure to buy for her birthday. Here are Ruby and Joe listening very intently to the tour guide.
In Springfield we meet up with all of Matt's family for a minor league baseball game. Joe is showing off his "foot-long" corn dog we got for dinner. Yum! At the end of the game they let the kids go down and run the bases. When we went though the gate onto the field Joe said "WOW" with the most amazed voice and look on his face I have ever seen. It was too cute.
Monday/Matt's Birthday: Canoe Trip on the Buffalo that was just about 30 min. away from Ann's house, I don't have any pictures of it but when I get them I will put them here. At first Ruby and Joe didn't want to go because I think Matt totally freaked them out when he was telling them all about how the rivers in AR are so much bigger then the rivers in AZ and they have never seen a river this big. I know this because on the drive to the river they kept asking me if there are sharks in this river and if it goes super fast and if there are jellyfish and whales and again if there are sharks. After we got there and they saw the river, that really wasn't that big, they were fine.
Tuesday: Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO and this picture illustrates what happens when you bring both grandparents and small children to a amusement park...they end up watching each other while everyone else rides the rides. Matt's dad, Larry, actually did ride one of the biggest coaster I think they had there. He loved it!!! (this is typed with complete sarcasm) I am also very grateful to Karlee for demonstrating for Clara the proper way to sit in a stroller.
Ruby found something pretty to pose by.
Joe found something to stick his head through...
Clara found it all very relaxing.
Wednesday: Lake Trip and boating and skiing and tubing and swimming and don't forget eating.....
Thursday: was a day of hanging out at the house, playing lots and lots of games, eating, napping, a 70th birthday celebration for Larry and a big family photo session.
You have to be careful around Alan he likes to try and steal other peoples babies. Here he is trying to convince Clara what great treatment she will get if she goes home with his family. Sneaky.



Friday/Ruby's Birthday: We played some more games in the morning. Mainly Status Pro Baseball which I won by some freak accident. This post has become very long so I will do Ruby's birthday on a separate one. Many, many thanks go to Ann, Craig and Karlee for showing us a fabulous time. And thanks to everyone else for being such a fun family to belong to.
Friday/Ruby's Birthday: We played some more games in the morning. Mainly Status Pro Baseball which I won by some freak accident. This post has become very long so I will do Ruby's birthday on a separate one. Many, many thanks go to Ann, Craig and Karlee for showing us a fabulous time. And thanks to everyone else for being such a fun family to belong to.
8 comments:
what a summary! it was as much fun reading about as enjoying the first go around...will send photos soon!
You guys were busy, busy, busy... How Fun!
I love that Joe got stuck and Matt had to rescue him. And late "Happy Birthday, Ruby!" (and Matt and Cecily, too.) :0)
Oh, I forgot...
Your blog looks really cute, too!
Precious Moments chapel? I had no idea! I'm sure Ruby LOVED it!
And the picture of Clara is so sweet.
Looks like fun!
How fun! It sounds like you all had a great & fun time! Your kids are always so cute. I didn't know there was a Precious Moments chapel. I love them! I like your new blog background, too!
What a fun family trip! We have never taken our kids on an airplane..I guess we just have no where to go.
Everything looks so fun and I'm sure the kids just loved playing with all the cousins. I love the pic of Joe getting stuck...classic!
I'm with Maddy. Had no idea a chapel existed! How fun for a little girl! I think my fav. is the Veggie Tales story. We met them one time, and my nephew actually asked them about the arm situation. It was hilarious.
Happy belated birthdays to you guys! June bdays are the best! :)
I loved reading about your trip. It looks and sounds like you had a great time. The pictures you have of your kids in the left column are adorable. Where did you have them taken?
Post a Comment