Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Clara's On The Move

Here are a couple of clips of Clara trying to crawl. She is pretty sure crawling has everything to do with moving her feet and putting her bottom in the air as high as possible and nothing to do with her hands and knees. She has been doing these "moves" for the past two week and is getting faster at moving herself across the room to something she wants to get. Joe had left an open bottle of chocolate milk on the tile right next to the carpet the other day. Clara spotted this and as I was trying to get dressed and brush my teeth she got it. I found her splashing around on the tile in a puddle of chocolate milk. She was as happy as can be, big smiles, lots of hands waving and feet kicking. She looked like a little pink piggy wallowing in chocolate mud. Unfortunately I don't have a picture because Matt took my camera with him to some birding thing. He already knows (believe me) how and why that should not happen again. She is also a little vacuum cleaner. Ruby and Joe never cared to pick up all the little tiny things on the floor and then put them in their months when they were babies but Clara does. She loves it!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Clara's a girl after my own heart - sometimes I would like to splash around in chocolate, too. Although, I guess it would be a lot better to eat it than splash around in it.

She is so cute!

Casey said...

I stumbled on your blog somehow and I love it! I love the pictures of Joe at his soccer *games*. Too cute!

~Casey

Mamacita said...

I love that you have video of her crawling! She's got the idea not using her knees...that's gotta hurt!

Maddy said...

She is so grown up. How did that happen???

Cheryl said...

That video is great! Clara's such a doll. She sure is a mover, huh? Madison did the "Mogli" walk--never crawled. Guess she didn't like the feel of her knees on the floor.