Sunday, October 18, 2009

A little planting, a little camping

Matt and the kids did some fall planting in the garden. Ruby picked out some flowers and then planted them all by her self in this planter.

I thought she did a wonderful layout. She waters them and takes care of them. Matt and I have had to replant them a couple of times because Clara has taken them out but shhhhh because Ruby doesn't know about that.
Joe helped with the planting and also planted some of his own flowers. He planted five because he is five. Joe has been a little obsessed with numbers lately. (I use the word "little" sarcastically)
Joe has his hand in front of his face for both the picture above and below. Don't think this is some kind of fluke that happened he does this for almost every picture I take of him. If I get one with out something in front of his face it's because I repeatedly asked him a dozen time to put it down.

We also did a short camping trip during Fall Break from school. It ended up just being us but that was just fine. Sometimes it's nice to just be alone but I know the kids missed playing with the cousins. It was one of those trips where you don't take the camera out but maybe once. So this is all we got.
This tree was right by are campsite and was so pretty. This picture looks like Ruby is standing in front of a fake background at a photo studio.
Joe.....as I was saying earlier.
Cute people....who are all looking at the camera.....don't think that this was the only one I took:)

This camping trip will be remembered for the BEE'S. There were bee's all around are campsite. Both Clara and Joe got stung. Ruby also got a big cut on the bottom of her foot when she was playing in the stream. But all in all we had a great time! Our kids can really roll with the punches.....when they want to.......sometimes.

1 comment:

Mamacita said...

Looks like you had so much fun. The pictures are great. Your kids really do roll with the punches. I'm jealous of their gardening skills!