1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.If you don't have your own blog leave a memory anyways!
EVERYBODY PLAY!
I want to see what memories are out there!
My side note: Instead of leaving one of me you could leave a memory of Ruby, Joe, Clara or Matt.
10 comments:
Matt comments are endless...his string bean triceps and unwillingness to arm wrestle a chick for the real likelihood of defeat...
one of my favorite Ruby memories--those blueberries at 209 Grover...she couldn't get enough...it was amazing to me then and now...
Cecily memory would have to be you showing up all the guys in Capitol Reef National Park just jumping off the cliff like it was nothing...
I would have to say that for me, all my memories of you all, end in me just being amazed how nice, calm and quiet you all are.
Cody would come home from Home teaching all the time and talk so much about you guys, and how cute Ruby is. He would tell me of Matt's latest bike rides and I would be completely in awe at how hot it was, and how long he was riding for! Crazy!!
I loved helping in nursery and playing with Joe. He was the funniest little guy. He would be so quiet and then all of the sudden would have a dinosaur in his hand and be growling at me.
And everytime I hear "I pitty the fool," I think of you and playing curses! Good times!!
I'm like Chelsea and always thought you were "nice, calm and quiet." I've really enjoyed getting to know you better though and see another side of you that is still so nice but not so calm and quiet. My memory to share is only about 8 hours old. It was laughing with you this afternoon at Mama Mia! It was so fun sitting next to you and enjoying the show.
Remember when we were in high school and we would go out to lunch to Arby's EVERY SINGLE DAY? You were so nice to put up with that. I bet you can't stand that place now.
And remember driving to school every day listening to the Beatles because I was going through a phase. Man, you really put up with a lot being my friend (poor you - sorry!).
Oh, and I remember you walking around the neighborhood with your little teeny, tiny, itty, bitty dog (Pebbles). She was so cute.
Oh, another one. Remember going camping (when we were teenagers) with my family at Seven Springs? My cousin totally fell in love with you and asked about you for a while after that.
Ok, one more and I'll stop...
Remember when we got to be YCL's/Cabin Moms one year for Girl's Camp? I remember you brought peanut M&M's with you that you very nicely shared (I can't get enough of those things now) and you were telling me all about your mom's HUGE family, all your uncles, aunts, etc. That was my favorite year at girl's camp.
Ok, I'm done now, I promise. :0)
I've been thinking and thinking about which memory I wanted to share with you. My first memory is just more of a feeling and impression. I have just always admired the peacefulness that you exude. I love that your smile is always genuine. I have LOVED having you in the RS presidency so that I have lots more excuses to hang out with you. I love how you have nicknames for everyone. That makes people feel so loved and cared for...you know, that you would take the time to think up a special nickname just for them! :D I loved our camping trip sooooo much! Hopefully, the last one won't be our only one. I loved sitting next to you at Mamma Mia and watching the lady in front of us glare at you and Sarah! And last of all, my new nickname for you...Lone wolf! OOOOWWWWWWW!
My favorite memory about Matt... him telling jokes at the Blue and Gold banquet...the Panda bear joke...eats, shoots and leaves...Ben still tells that joke. And of course all the birding knowledge I gained at our camping trip. He's ruined me for life. I can't see or hear a bird anymore without wondering if it is a blue-footed boobie!?
Joe...right after he was born and you were explaing to me that his name was just Joe, and that it wasn't a shortened version of something else, you told be that you called him Joe-B-Joe. Now I can never say his name without thinking Joe-B-Joe. Probably when he's getting ready to leave on his mission or get married or something, I'll call him J0e-B-Joe and he will inform me that he doesn't go by that anymore. :D
My first memory of you is when I was called as the primary chorister. You would usually have to conduct with Ruby on your hip. You were always so calm about it too! I was so confused at why I would be called to be the chorister, with no real musical talent, but now I realize that it really made me step out of the box and overcome my fear of speaking/teaching in front of people. So thank you for calling me to that!
I think I am always amazed at how calm and cool and put together you are. And your cute hair! It never fails to make me laugh that you are the mom of Ruby and Joe!! You do such a great job fostering their creativity. I know you must be a great mom because they are such greta kids.
I remember when I first knew you, I wanted to be your friend so bad!!! You were pregnant with Ruby and I finally got up the courage to start a conversation with you by asking about your baby. I'm so glad I did, and I'm glad that 8 years later you're still just down the street!
I guess my best memory of you is that you were always so happy & fun to be around. You giggled all the time so I gave you the nickname "Giggles" which I still forget & call you that sometimes, even 10 years later. Sorry! I'm sure glad you introduced Jodi to your Uncle Matt so that they could get married & give me such cute grandbabies!!!
I don't have a lot of memories or hair. So this will be short. Since I don't know Cecily hardly at all...the only memory I would share is the one while we were camping. I will never forget the words "far far far away"...and then the water fountain that shoots out of cecily's face. Priceless.
Post a Comment