Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dancing Queen

Ruby had her last day of dance class on Thursday. It was just though the community center but she had fun. She loves to dance. Actually I think she just loves to move around period. I would like to get her into a dance studio but haven't found one I like (anyone have any suggestions). I think she is finally at the age where she is really learning the steps and technique. I started taking dance when I was three like Ruby did and I remember when it finally clicked for me. I was probably around eight years old, Ruby will be seven in June. But we all know that Ruby is way smarter then me. This was a Ballet/Jazz combo class. They did a little routine for the parents and at the end of the dance each girl struck her own pose and this is what Ruby did. She is all about the sweetness.

Ruby is super excited about school getting out soon (May 28th). Besides not having to get up early and do her homework can you guess why she is so excited? ART CAMPS!!! She loves art! Not a day (and I truly mean not a day) goes by that she does not do some form of art or project. I am pretty sure her world would completely stop if she could not create something. Its a good thing we own an Art Center. Though she would be like this even if we didn't. She is just like Matt, he always has some project going on. I will post some pics of his garden and you can judge for yourself. Here's a conversation Matt had with Joe a few weeks ago. They were playing with Clara and Matt was saying how big she is getting and then Joe said....
Joe: When Clara grows up she is going to be a mom.
Matt: Yep she is, what are you going to be?
Joe: Like you, a dad.
Matt: (beaming with pride)
Joe: And Sister (Ruby) is going to be an artist.
Matt: (laughing) YEP!

We love our Ruby Girl!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

That is so cute! I love those cute little, candid conversations. They make me smile.

As for the dance studio, Madison goes to Campbells and loves it there. (Lindsay and University - right by the scrapbooking store!) My friend works as one of the teachers there. It's LDS owned and run and the costumes aren't those hoochy mama outfits that some of the others have (that's one of the reasons I like them). $44.00 per month. Good luck!

Mamacita said...

I agree, Campbells is great. I'm bias though because my mom helps with the set designs for the concerts. You might want to ask Becky, Brooklyn really likes her dance studio and I think Becky said it was fairly inexpensive.
Yeah Ruby! You look like a balerina for sure!

Cheryl said...

I enjoy going with Jodi to Maddie's dance class. Mainly because it's normally the best time of the week to get some good laughs in. The little ones are so cute trying to do their steps, but they're so uncoordinated. Too bad the other mothers end up laughing at me because I'm laughing at the kids! Ruby's a cutie!

Maddy said...

Hey -- I got your phone message about the Temple. I totally want to do it. I was just out of town, and then sick . Maybe not this Tuesday, but the following one -- will that work?

Also, I love Ellie's dance. Dance Element. $42 a month, and they have a no belly policy, so skanky costumes! It's on Ray and Val Vista, so it's close and they are so nice.