Friday, April 18, 2008

Joe's Birthday (part of it)

On Easter Sunday my mom made this yummy carrot and ginger cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert after dinner. With Joe's birthday coming up on Wednesday after he saw the cake he proudly announced "It's my birthday cake"! So we went with the flow and got out the candles and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. And he was very happy. As seen in this picture. On March 26th he turned four years old! My parents came over and he opened presents and we made donuts. He wanted a camping birthday so we went camping that weekend. This is where I run into a problem. We have two cameras. One is our family camera that stays with me and the kids. Then we have an Art Center camera that is supposed to stay at the Art Center. However Matt does bring it home and takes it on trips with us (this being because it is a better camera then our family one) so I don't have the pics from his birthday and camping trip. They are on the Art Centers computer and can't be put on our home computer without a jump-drive which is missing right now. So I will have to post those pics later. Its just keeping you all in suspense isn't it!?

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Joe does indeed look very happy with that yummy-looking cake! Sorry we missed his birthday. We'll have to make it up to him. We totally forgot with everything else going on...Happy Birthday (late) Joe!

Ann Riggs said...

Happy Birthay Joe...you are one handsome kid...can't wait to see all of you!
PS Grandma O let me in on this blog...I like it...Good job Cecily

Amy F. said...

Hey Cecily - I found your blog! So fun. I'm commenting before I even read it, so now I'm going to go check out your blog ;)