Monday, November 24, 2008

Day of Gratitude

On Saturday our Stake had a "Day of Gratitude at the Temple". After doing a 6:30am session with some awesome Sisters/Friends in my ward I took the kids. Ruby was really excited because they did this fantastic Sharing Time in Primary where they built the Temple out of Lego's and then put the blessings they can receive from the Temple on strips of paper inside of it. They then gave it to the Bishop who shared it with the Ward members. Ruby also informed me that the last time she was at the Temple was for the Easter Pageant and I don't even think Joe could remember the last time he was there. I just didn't realize how much the don't get to see it. My Grandparents Goff lived right down by the Temple and so I saw it alot growing up. I now hardly ever go into Mesa, the traffic is crazy! :) We try to go to the Temple often and our kids see us go but I just didn't notice how they don't see it as much as we do. They had a lot of fun. Joe wanted to do every interactive thing in the Visitor Center, Clara liked to eat the dirt from the planters and pick out all the Christmas lights that were in the planters also. Ruby just loved being there and seeing all the Brides! Here are some pictures from the day....



3 comments:

Mamacita said...

Cute pictures Cecily. Glad they had fun at the temple. Seems like Clara can have fun anywhere there is dirt?

Rogers said...

How fun! Love the pictures. Your kids are so cute.

Larson's said...

Cute Pictures! I was wishing we would have taken the whole family as well. Jeff suggested it but I was insistant on doing a session. Brooki loved the the last picture with Ruby and Clara. She said that she wants to go see Jesus like Ruby did.